Will the big ram upgrade create any DMA trouble with SCSI cards?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Sorry for not being back quickly. Work/Travel, etc...

Mask values are defined on the Advanced tab in HDToolBox on each partition. A reminder to TAB out of the box to make the value stick and later save it. There is also a default that can be set (in at least OS 3.2 HDToolBox and later, not sure of 3.1.4, and probably not in the earlier 1990's version), the icon ToolTypes (Information menu item, after selecting the icon) where you can make any new partitions definitions a default mask. HDToolBox plays it safe and defaults to 0xFFFFFE.

The legacy GVP Fast/ExpertPrep tools already default to that proper value (0xFFFFFFFE). Page 2 has the values for each partition.

Former GVP Tech Support 1989-93, GuruROM Maker/Supporter (as personal time allows)

• No problem at all! :) I'm using 3.1 on this. The other system I was working on was actually WB 2.04, but yea I'm all 3.1 moving forward. the A2091 went with the 2.04 system.

I got the SCSI2SD working nicely with the GVP HC+8 I think the stack of SCSI HDDs I had are all just old and in bad shape.. one for some reason only came up as a 20mb HDD.. others were just not coming up.. they all largely shared the issue of the card not being able to read the number of sectors / HDD capacity.. I'm just having to chalk it up as bad drives.. but what's worse is really i was just trying to get the data off of them.. that was certainly the main value they held..

Next step for me is to try to tinker with the fpu / cpu / clock crystal and see if I can get added speed for 3D modeling and rendering.

Thanks,
    Caleb

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.