P96 3.2.1 issues with PPaint

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • PPaint 7.3c gets unstable doing some tasks like loading PPaint:Picture/#? files using PPaint:PPview by double-clicking pics icons...

Rolling back to P96 3.1.2 solves the issue...

• Is this the same on all types of screens that you open with PPaint? What's the GFX card you're using, and what's the CPU/RAM config in your system?

• On a side note: We can't reproduce a crash with PPaint 7.1c. I do not own PPaint 7.3c and I refuse to purchase anything from that company (ever again).

• It seems a PPaint issue actually... nothing to do with P96 or RTG in general :(

I've been able to reproduce it even with PPaint 6.4 or 7.1c free, fresh install no additional plugins. Try to load these pics through Multiview (given you have dts installed), and...

1 - Copy/Mark image from Multiview menus

2 - from PPaint try to import clip (Brush > Clipboard: Read brush)

this should generate (winuae)nforcer hits and mem corruption by PPaint task.

• The mem corruption may ultimately result from a different bug outside PPaint, where pointers are being overwritten. After all, the Amiga is a system without memory protection, so if the enforcer hit is "executed" by PPaint, the program itself may be innocent.

• Yep, reproducible with WinUAE even from my fresh file-disk installation of OS3.2, OS3.9, OS3.1 and no RTG enabled.

PPaint "Read Brush" from Clipboard seems broken in some way since at least 6.4.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.