Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • hello Jens,

Hope not to ask a stupid question, but I know lot of people in the Amiga community are waiting for your psu to be back in stock. Is there a ball park prevision when it could be available again?

Thanks,

Tanino

• We finally got the DC-DC converter chips the week before Xmas, and PCB production is currently going on, after tiny changes to the board have already been verified on a sample PCB: We've had a support case where the short-circuit protection was triggering due to "too good new capacitors" on an A1200 board, and I wanted to fix that for the next production run.

Since these are 2-layer aluminium core boards, production is not as fast as standard FR-4 boards. I hope to have the empty boards here in Germany during the last week of January, and only when all components have arrived at the assembly place, I can hope for a produciton time slot at the assembly house. I currently don't see these being available before mid-February. I won't launch pre-orders unless all dates have been confirmed by all parties involved.

• Hi Jens,

Do you have an idea of when the CA-PSU might be available again?

Since a few weeks I have an another A12OO in my collection with original Commodore PSU, however when I connect this PSU to my expanded A1200 (Indi MK3, Blizzard 1230 IV, fan,...) I get a blurry image which I don't have as I use the CA-PSU.

I also want to expand this "new" A1200 with a new Indi MK 3 and a Blizzard 1230 IV that I still have here.

I would rather order this order in 1 time so that I do not have to pay transport costs twice.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

Edited once, last by Phil ().

• Working on it. After assembly of the boards, there's the 12V PSUs (which have been postponed - guess what, due to chip shortage), but we also have to make cases and boxes. It's all WIP, and I'm pushing as hard as I can.

• Thx Jens for your answer 👍

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• We finally got the DC-DC converter chips the week before Xmas, and PCB production is currently going on, after tiny changes to the board have already been verified on a sample PCB: We've had a support case where the short-circuit protection was triggering due to "too good new capacitors" on an A1200 board, and I wanted to fix that for the next production run.

Since these are 2-layer aluminium core boards, production is not as fast as standard FR-4 boards. I hope to have the empty boards here in Germany during the last week of January, and only when all components have arrived at the assembly place, I can hope for a produciton time slot at the assembly house. I currently don't see these being available before mid-February. I won't launch pre-orders unless all dates have been confirmed by all parties involved.

Was that me Jens? I am still unable to use my PSU on my A1200. I'd almost given up on any sort of fix.

• I had a board from a German customer here - we did refund a few (2 or three) customers before that. Not sure if you were among the refunded?

No I was not refunded. I purchased 2 at the time and both work fine on my A500's, but not on my A1200. You were getting capacitors caps from Amigakit to test and apparently these never arrived. I seriously just gave up chasing because it felt hopeless at the time. I believe I was the first or second case with this issue. I guess I'm out of luck all round :(

• Right, AmigaKit never sent those caps to us, but my guess is that it boils down to the cap on -12V being too low-ESR and the overcurrent protection tripping right when you turn on.

We can retro-fit the fix on the older CA-PSU, but that's a paid upgrade. The over-current protection needs to be delayed during the switch-on period when caps are charged. This is not necessary on a stock A1200 or on an A1200 that has been re-capped with the correct parts. It's only the ones that are equipped with *much* lower ESR caps that make the over current protection trip.

So no, you're not out of luck - I'm willing to help.

• Right, AmigaKit never sent those caps to us, but my guess is that it boils down to the cap on -12V being too low-ESR and the overcurrent protection tripping right when you turn on.

We can retro-fit the fix on the older CA-PSU, but that's a paid upgrade. The over-current protection needs to be delayed during the switch-on period when caps are charged. This is not necessary on a stock A1200 or on an A1200 that has been re-capped with the correct parts. It's only the ones that are equipped with *much* lower ESR caps that make the over current protection trip.

So no, you're not out of luck - I'm willing to help.

I'll send you an email Jens. I'd be keen to send back the PSU's I have to get them tweaked if the price is reasonable.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.