P96 3.2.0 and RTG.Library issue

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I updated P96 to 3.2.0, after the update I could not display native Amiga screen modes, only Cybervision screen modes.

I uninstalled 3.20 and reinstalled 3.1.2 and everything is back to normal.

I tried reinstalling 3.2.0 with everything but the Libraries and everything was working normal.

So I installed the libraries and the same issue occurred, I was not able to see Amiga screen modes.

By installing each library one at a time I found out that when I installed the RTG.library it would no longer open up normal Amiga PAL or NTSC modes.

Any ideas?.

I have an Amiga 3000 16Mhz with a Cybervison64 4MB card, running Workbench 3.1.4.1

• I have the same error. I updated P96 from V2 (AOS 3.1.4.1) to the lastest Version and got only black screens on PAL.

Edit:

Replaced the rtg.library with the version form P96 2.4.3 solved the problem for now.

• i can _not_ confirm this with AOS 3.2.1 freshly installed.

my system: A3000, CV64, P96 3.2.0 - screenmodes of P96 work fine as well as PAL screenmodes (see screenshot attached)

• There have been changes to "keeping chipset active during RTG modes" - is that what this is referring to? Or is it the inability to switch to PAL at all?

• Are you using an automatic switcher? Maybe a monitor with multiple inputs that requires you to press the "source" button to switch to native Amiga-screen?

Please try DISPLAYCHAIN=NO in tooltypes - this will will keep Amiga-video enabled all the time.

• We've just closed a different case in the German part of this forum where the customer did a complete wipe of all P96 files and then did a fresh re-install. He had trouble auto-switching to PAL with certain demos, and resolved it with a fresh install of P96, assuming that something didn't get updated.

• Still no luck.

I have deleted this:

Libs:Picasso96API.library
    Libs:Picasso96/*
    Devs:Picasso96Settings
    SYS:Classes/datatypes/picture.datatype
    Prefs/Picasso96Mode
    Prefs/Picasso96Mode.info
    Devs:Monitors/PicassoIV
    Devs:Monitors/PicassoIV.info
    Devs:Picasso96Settings
    Picasso96/*

Did I miss something?

And then performed a fresh installation with the option "First installation". Tried another Amiga with the same result, PAL-modes are gone. The config is similar:

A3000 - AOS 3.1.4 - PicassoIV - P96 3.2.0

AA3000+ - AOS 3.1.4 - Voodoo 3 - P96 3.2.0

Replaced on both the rtg.library and the PAL-modes are back.

I have no access to the latest 2.4.x? Or 3.1.x? Only to 3.2.0?

• Thor just sent me P96 V3.2.1 where this very problem is resolved. This problem only shows under 3.1.4 and below, but not under 3.2 and higher, which is why it didn't show during internal tests: All testers had V3.2 installed.

I have already exchanged the files in the shop system, so if you re-download now, you get the new version.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.