Rapidroad died again.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I had the original Rapidroad working on the ACA500plus for a week at the end of JAN 2021. It died after a week. The Amiga did a blue screen, then on reset of machine light on Rapidroad didnt come back. So i returned it to Germany. But then due to Brexit i couldnt get it shipped back. So i got it sent to Amigakit.co.uk . Then paid them to mail it back to myself. So this time i installed it in my A600 on the A604n memory card with the indivision ECS card and connecte4d the yellow/green cable to the same place as the ECS on the floppy chassis point. Connected the power to the motherboard and the power to the Gotek/floppy. Usb was then brought out to a Advent powered USB hub. Then a usb cd drive and a Microsoft wireless keyboard adapter and a 10/100 network adpater. Worked fine for best part of a month. Then upon switching the power on nothing. Dead again. I also never booted the Amiga with the hub switched on. Always started the machine. Then switched the hub on listed to Posideon start and all devices show up in Trident. And then use devices etc. So why has it suddenly just died ????:cursing:

• OK, that was just out of interest, as service for these units has ended earlier this year. You might want to think about installing all shield components, shielding the USB ports (extra GND connection from the tip of the USB ports to shield), and re-capping the PSU, as it will most likely have dry output caps. This will prevent other components from failing (such as your accelerator, which you most certainly have, as Poseidon requires 68020+). If that's an ACA6x0, please do install the right screw, as that has two functions: mechanical (holding) and shielding.

• This is how my A600 setup is. But the light on the Rapidroad does not light up and there is no sign of device in poseidon.

And i have bolt through right hole to steady ACA620EC.

Rapidroad died after one week of purchase when connected to ACA500plus. I sent it back you repaired it. And sent it to Amigakit. From there i got it back it worked for 3 weeks in A600 on the A604n card. Then just died again. Damn thing isnt 12 months old yet. So what can i do to get it to work again please

• Service for any clock port device has officially ended in April if I remember right. We'll start to offer spare parts for self-repairing, but I have decided that I don't want to take responsibility for things that have too many possibilities for error.

See your own reply: You address a fraction of the questions I've asked, and just say "I want it to work". This is not the way to get it to work in the first place. We've had numerous defects like this, we repaired them over and over again, customers promised to address the shielding deficiencies, then didn't, and the unit died again subsequently.

I'm fine with losing a bit of money with iComp - after all, it's a hobby. However, I have to pull the plug on things that promise to become black holes for service cost. It is impossible to verify that all precautions have been met, so any customer error will be on iComp. I did allow this to happen, but stopped it when the RapidRoad clockport project went too deep into red numbers.

And i have bolt through right hole to steady ACA620EC.

...and bent the card - at least from what I can see on the picture. The mounting set for the ACA620 includes a small white plastic spacer that you *must* use to set the distance from A600 main board to accelerator. Did you really use that?

• Yes i used it. the picture does not show it as being flat. If the rapidroad has stopped working on the clockport interface. Does that also mean it will not work on an x-surf 100 card. As i have aquired an A1500 - AKA A2000. Uk market release only. But is an A2000. Will it work in there still.

• THe repair is the same, but the price for the programmed CPLD will be different; Clockport version is considerably more expensive, mostly for "political" reasons in order to keep people from using the clock port. I'll put programmed CPLDs as spare parts into the shop in the next few weeks.

• i have recently purchased a X-Surf-100 for my A1500/A2000 Rev 6.2 I have taken the plastic surround off the Rapidroad and plugged it into the Xsurf. And the white light came on on booting the machine. I then installed MUI and Poseidon. And to my amazment the device works. Plugged in usb devices all show and report as working. Any thoughts on why the Rapidroad wont work on a clockport device ???????

• Hello,

I've the sam problem with my Rapidroad after few months of use on clockport A1200.

Light on the Rapidroad does not light up anymore and there is no sign of device in poseidon. The same problem when I plug it on Xsurf.

I don't see any programmed CPLDs as spare parts into the shop...

It will be available in shop?

Best

Robert

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.