Can i get rid of tearing effect using RTG?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

When running native amiga games from Aga thru Indivision_AGA_MK3 I set PAL screen settings to 100hz, I have smooth game play without tearing effect.

Is this possible while coding output thru RTG? In my fps game when iam strafing fast facing walls I got about 50-70 fps using v1200 output. And see about 3 tearing lines in when my p96 settings for 320x200 are 100hz. I made a test. I put WaitTOF() in my loop and right after that I switched bitmaps using ChangeVPBitmap like in double buffering. So the game was reacting to WaitTOF because it slowed down a bit.

The tearing lines were still there, when I change 320x200 mode to 60hz I had one tearing line.

So is it possible to sync somehow?

• When running native amiga games from Aga thru Indivision_AGA_MK3 I set PAL screen settings to 100hz, I have smooth game play without tearing effect.

Other people might be interested in that setup, so it would be nice if you'd share that config, along with the monitor type that supports it.

So is it possible to sync somehow?

I can't answer that - looks like the V1200 has it's own interpretation of wait-for-frame-function. V1200 is not our product, so please understand that I can't give any hints about it (other than using a real Motorola CPU, but you probably don't want to hear that :-)).

• I managed to get rid of tearing effect..

I had problems and bugs with allocationg proper bitmap in screenbuffer and also the bitmap adress had to be locked, this is a bit dirty code

not yet cleaned up, just tested.

I am using here triple buffering, using double buffering wasn't enough, the key system function here is ChangeScreenBuffer();

also we must lock bitmap to get its adress using for example p96LockBitMap or LockBitMapTags.

example for triple buffering in 320x200x32 mode

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.