20 year anniversary Buddha

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I couldn't get the Buddhainstall:...CDsupport.../l/CacheCDFS version 60.0 to work. It pops up a requester but mentions only to work with "Buddhaatapi.device". I couldn't get it working on my setup and held on to v42.20 for all successful tests.

...which is why we're hosting a different version of CacheCDFS in our Wiki.

Thanks for your Pics. I have one SPIF223A-based adapter here that I could not get to work, but I should now double-check if it's the right direction. It may just be the version that allows using a PATA drive on a SATA controller - checking the data sheet of that chip, I found that it's bi-directional.

Jens

• ...which is why we're hosting a different version of CacheCDFS in our Wiki.

Not really. This sounds more like some mashup from different installations.

CacheCDFS 60.5 from our installation DOM should be the right one, together with the mountlist entries in Storage.

This was subject to some major cleanup in the latest software package. There should be no connection to buddha_atapi.device anymore in our software package, and I doubt we should have v42 around.

• Hi,

I took a closer look and could find the cause why the requester popped up (it also would with v60.5, so it's not finally removed).

So I found the CacheCDFS v60.5. Can't recall how v60.0 got into the folder after all.

The setup works with CacheCDFS v60.5 now too.

• Hi,

Isn't Buddha master/slave capable?

I read how to install a new system while still having the orig. DOM module plugged for installation.

So I assume this procedure would relate to one wanting to set up a system not on a pata HDD but going for a modern ssd/flash adapter solution not providing another second plugable option for an optical drive.

Best regards

• Isn't Buddha master/slave capable?

Buddha is perfectly capable of using two drives per port, giving you a total of four drives in a system. However, the DOM occupies the complete port, so you'll have a hard time adding abother drive there.

Jens

• Hi,

Is it possible to pass commands to buddhascsi.device for HDD drive control such as park/spindown?

SCSIUtil, Unitcontrol and Sleeper does work with (1230)scsi.device but won't work with buddhascsi.device.

Best regards