If i am using powered usb hubs on rapidroad usb clockport version. Do i still need to connect the through power connectors to the rapidroad ????

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I was watching a video by Chris Edwards Restoration. And he says he isnt using the power connectors on the rapidroad. So if i am using powered hubs on each of the usb connectors. Do i need to connect the power cables ????

• And he says he isnt using the power connectors on the rapidroad.

Interesting - the 3.5" power connectors of RapidRoad are the only source of power when used on the clock port. So I presume that the video was showing an install on the X-Surf-100 card? If so, power and ground are provided by the X-Surf-100. Please make sure to use&tighten the screw on the back plate of the X-Surf-100. Is it not only a mechanical, but also an electrical connection to chassis ground, which is critical (as mentioned in the CE compliance statement).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.