ECSv2 Screen stays black after flashing 2.6 firmware

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

order id: 72632

After longer time I found that there is firmware version 2.6 available on net. So I decide to flash this new firmware in to my ECSv2 board.

From 2.6 adf image, I have used command : flashtool flash firmware, after executing screen went black and power diode cycling to blink 6 times followed by small pause and than one more blink. In that moment I recognize that something went wrong.

After power on/off cycle the screen is keeping black, but there is videosignal output, because monitor backlight is on and not going to standby mode. Im not using VGA port from ECSv2, just connected on RGB port, but I have checked also on VGA and its the same.

I have tried to run this command couple times but result is always the same. After that I went further, and I have tried command flashtool flash firmware fpga. In this case after execution the diode bling just once, than pause and then repeat. In this moment everything looked OK for me. After restart the problem was the same, again black screen. After I have tried also: flashtool flash firmware fpga ocs saveconfig default.conf, again everything seems to be correct but screen is still black.

What can be cause of this problem? why I cannot use normall command without fpga parameter? Im using downloaded adf 2.6 image in gotek drive, is it problem?

Any good advises will be apprecciated.

THX

• This problem has been solved by flashing of the firmware in another amiga 500 with 8a board. Later I found that 1MB chip ram memory extension on board 6a was doing some problems. Anyway strange behavior, I never had problems with this extension board before.

• I can't pinpoint a cause of a non-reproduced failure - and I can't even start to reproduce your setup if you don't mention that in the first place. So the one thing I'm puling out of this thread is: Your problem has been resolved.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.