ACA500plus with Rev 5 Motherboard

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have a Rev 5 Amiga 500 with 512K in the trapdoor and the ACA500plus. Some games on WHDLoad are saying "you need chipmem up to 1088 Kbyte) to run this program." Am I out of luck since I have a Rev5 mother board, or is there any way that I can emulate the 1MB chipmem, or buy a 1MB chipmem for the trapdoor.

Thanks!

• One of my Amiga 500 is a rev 5, and it came with an OCS Agnus, which I assume yours does as well. The cheapest way for you would be to acquire an ECS Agnus PAL or NTSC and swap it out. You can then use your ACA500plus software menu to enable 1MB chipmem since you have that 512KB trapdoor expansion.

You can acquire that chip quite easily on ebay, but you will need a chip puller to swap it out, it's a bit finicky and requires some skills and manhandling.

• The ECS Agnus is always both PAL and NTSC - it's software- and hardware-switchable. The Agnus type you're looking for is 8372A. Vesalia sells it for 11,90 EUR including tax.

Still, this will only give a max. of 1024kb of chip ram - a tiny bit less than the 1088kb that the original poster asked for.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.