Shipping option "Parcel One" temporarily disabled

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I really don't care if it takes an extra week to get here. It's not like these are computers we rely on every day.

There may be more people who think like this - I'm sure about that.

Canada Post can be slow at times but to date I've never lost a package.

The biggest problem were people who took advantage of the PayPal policy to always believe the customer and always punish the seller. Deutsche Post/DHL have announced a "revoke parcel" function years ago, but never implemented it. If that would have existed, the recurring scam wouldn't have been possible. I would have just returned the money, and had the parcel taken back to Germany for a lower cost than the PayPal conflict fee, and I'd still have the goods.

Can't change the past - and certainly won't try DHL/Deutsche Post again unless they change their policy for insurance claims.

I did find that DPD (who are French-owned) offers "letter" shipments with an international delivery time of 4-9 days. Weight limit is 2kg, and size limit is well under a C64 case, but enough for most other products. This is not offered on the German page, but on the English page. I've sent a request, hoping that they offer the service in Germany as well.

Jens

• DPD called back pretty quickly: The "letter" shipments have a minimum quantity requirement of 500 per month. For 499 parcels/month and less, the best they can offer is a 30% higher price and 4 days more transit time than UPS.

Jens

• Anyone in Canada who has shipping concerns, head over to Amiga of Rochester and let them know you’re interested in buying IC Products. Evidently, they are looking to become a distributor of IC products in North America. Maybe this would resolve any shipping concerns.

A link is provided below, if it’s permitted.

https://amigaofrochester.com

• Definitely permitted - I confirm that I'm talking to them, and that they are aiming to have some stock for a show that they attend from April 11th to 14th, 2024.

Jens

• Anyone in Canada who has shipping concerns, head over to Amiga of Rochester and let them know you’re interested in buying IC Products. Evidently, they are looking to become a distributor of IC products in North America. Maybe this would resolve any shipping concerns.

A link is provided below, if it’s permitted.

https://amigaofrochester.com

This does absolutely nothing for Canada. Same cross border problems exist, with a double currency conversion loss. In fact I find shipping out of USA even slower than mainland Europe quiet often and similar freight prices.

• In terms of speed, we're pretty much unbeatable: You can have your goods within two days if your order is paid by 11:00am CET.

This is mostly about shipping *cost*, and they confirmed to me that shipping to Canada can be done for under 20USD with FedEx. That's about half of what we're currently charging (just over 36 EUR).

Oh well, cutting cost in half isn't good enough. People always want stuff for free. Internet, what have you done do people's expectations!

Jens

• Fedex is just as bad as UPS for cross border fees, sometimes worse. A $100 order will show up with a $40-50 brokerage fee. The extra handling and currency exchange just doesn't make sense.

I work in auto-parts and buy worldwide. I see the same thing each year with European vendors who think they need to open up a USA warehouse. It just ends up adding cost to the product with similar freight costs. There is not enough margin in this product to provide a 30-40% discount to a reseller. Furthermore I'd rather give icomp the full value of the order so they can reinvest that into future products.

I am not looking for free, just reasonable shipping. We used to be able to get that through postal service and Parcel One. I appreciate the fact Jens researched the postal option for us again, unfortunately didn't work out. It just doesn't make sense. I can buy things out of the UK Royal Mail (air) for about 15-20 GBP in freight. It arrives here most of the time with no extra fees, worst case $9 CAD plus applicable taxes.

• That means you can buy iComp stuff from AmigaKit at reasonable cost. Sounds great!

Besides, I believe that postal service from the US is also an option. I do have a Pirateship account, so I see what kinds of fees Amiga of Rochester would pay. I'm sure they'll look into it if you ask them.

Jens

• I can attest to the speed of your shipping! I recently ordered an ACA1234 and CA-PSU and was shocked on how quickly everything arrived. Top notch!

I understand that shipping items across the world isn’t cheap! You are right, the internet and big tech have changed things and people don’t even realize that THEY are the product. Nothing is free!