VGA timings

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I kindly need your support for getting the right VGA timings to setup the resolution PAL 640x512 Hi-res Interlaced. I'm not able to find one that works and fits into the screen when I do the test/adjustment.

I own an Indivision ECS V3 flickerfixer

Thanks in advance,

Tanino

• Optimal resolution for that monitor is specified as 1440x900 @ 60 Hz.

I guess best bet for the scale factor is to scale-up by exactly 1.75x. Resulting in a target of 1120x896 if you don't want to change the aspect-ratio of the Amiga picture. This will result in black bars left and right. Otherwise you could directly target 1440x900 (actually I would go for 1440x896 with 4 black lines as that has slightly nicer scale factors), but will stretch the Amiga picture horizontally of course.

Horizontal scaling would be 2.25x and vertical earlier mentioned 1.75x in that case.

1440x900 is a standard described here (not sure if it is a default in the config tool already):

http://tinyvga.com/vga-timing/1440x900@60Hz

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.