ACA500Plus after update to menu v 0.140, unable to set internal FDD as boot drive

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I hate to be the bug reporting guy recently, but I think I've found another problem. Since the 0.140 ACA500Plus menu update, I can't set my internal FDD as boot drive. I have GOTEK connected externally, but no matter if I disconnect it, or what option I set on DF1 in the menu ("enabled", "bootselect", "disabled"), the Amiga always tries to boot from the external drive (DF0 is set to "enabled", not "empty" of course). I've never had this problem before. Without the ACA500Plus the internal drive boots and works correctly. With the ACA it also works (I can read from it, write to it), it just doesn't work as boot drive. I tried resaving the menu preset with various settings, but to no avail.

• Just when summarizing the other changes that are in V0.140, it occured to me that the global DF0: setting has been fixed in this version. V0.140 will now use the global DF0: option to override any local setting, which results in a possible change of behaviour. So please check the global setting - it may be your solution.

Edited once, last by Jens: "now" instead of "not" - correcting the meaning of the sentence. ().

• Just when summarizing the other changes that are in V0.140, it occured to me that the global DF0: setting has been fixed in this version. V0.140 will not use the global DF0: option to override any local setting, which results in a possible change of behaviour. So please check the global setting - it may be your solution.

Indeed there was a "DF0 override" setting set to "DF1 bootselect". It looks like it did override the local settings. After I set it to "-", the local settings work correctly now and I can use both DF0 and DF1 as boot drive. Problem solved - thanks!

• ...which was really a "fix", not a bug :-)

That's true, although as a future non-essential update it would be nice if the local setting became "locked" (red) and set to something like "global" when the global override is in place, so that it can't be overlooked :-) It would be nice to have it just from the UX perspective, but surely there is no bug there.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.