ACA1234 installation from first insertion of card

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This new card seems a lovely piece of hardware, but I have one issue and want to know if anyone has had the same.

I've tried 3 different formatted cf card or sd-[with adapter] in both the onboard cf card reader and my [enabled] IDE port on the A1200, but both fail to recognise the device using the ACAintall start-up. The machine and accelerator work if I boot into a pre-existing install, but I can't use this ACAinstall function. I actually do not want to use a pre-configured card, I want to go through the entire process myself of setting up the OS.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? My mobo is in good health and re-capped at Retro Passion less than two years ago, very decent PSU.

I'm fully expecting to be called out and shouted at for being a clown, but I don't mind, provided someone can help. ;)

• The installer only looks for a CF card in the slot of the ACA1234. You need to insert the card before you power on, so if you have inserted it afterwards, you didn't break anything, but the card does not know that it's supposed to be in IDE mode, so it won't be found by the installer (or any other program).

• Thanks. As I read the instructions, I of course inserted it first, so that wasn't the reason, but either way, I took the card out and tried another card, which worked, then put the old sd card back in and that worked too; so not sure what the issue was, but all is well now.

• "SD-card" sounds like "CF to SD adapter", which is always questionable. No matter what size od SD card they use (standard or micro), proper operation mostly depends on how ckean the contacts of the card are. My kids have MP3 players that use these cards, and they often fail because there's a tiny amount of dust somewhere.

There's a reason why professional cameras still use CF instead od SD, I guess. I've had better experience with the push-push type SD/micro-sd connectors, but I understand they are way more expensive than push-pull types.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.