IDV AGA MK3 4000-D- per output mode hardware aspect ratio switch

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello!

Would it be possible to have configurable per screen mode HDMI signal triggering of the output video device to switch between 4:3 and 16:9 in hardware?

In my set-up everything is as perfect as can be in 4:3 mode, e.g. HighGFX. I notice that for Super Hires Laced 1280 x 1024, in 4:3 the image is naturally compressed horizontally, however if I switch my monitor to 16:9 it suprisingly fits the whole screen "perfectly". Text and window gadget's aspect ratios look "correct" i.e. not squished etc.

Yes, the TV remote control can be used, but a nice to have....

• This signal triggering would have to happen through an interface that isn't exactly simple: It's called CEC and actually wired up in the MK3 hardware. However, developing this on the Amiga is an extremely tedious task that would only add value if you are running OS programs - it would not work while a game is running (or WHDload would have to send the commands). Further, although fully documented, the complexity of the procotol, being multi-device-multi-directional, involves an amount of testing with weird CEC devices and probably workarounds for devices that don't fully comply with the standard.

In other words: A huge can of worms that once opened, will be very hard to collect and clean up. I'm not ready to spend money on something that promises to be an endless development, just for not having to use the remote control.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.