ACA500 plus does not turn on after failed update with latest firmware Menu system V0.140

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens, Nice to greet you

I wanted to comment on a problem I have had with the ACA 500 plus

Since I bought an ACA 1234 and it has the memory overlap problem, I have started to go through the steps to prepare the installation of the CPLD update.

I have started with the ACA500 plus connected in conjunction with the ACA 1234.

Following the tutorial, I have set to update the ACA500plus with the latest firmware, which supports ACA1234 CPU switching: Menu system V0.140

I have put the firmware on the auxiliary CF card and have gone through the firmware update process.

The software update was done, but a sign appeared on the screen saying "operation failed", and the ACA 500 plus on its led display showed FF. At this moment everything is frozen.

The update process that I followed was correct but the result was a defect.

Now when I start the AMIGA 500 the ACA 500 plus does not turn on. The ACA500 plus is totally dead.

What's more, the Amiga 500 doesn't start until I unplug the ACA500 plus.

I can't find on the ACA 500 plus any way to reset it and return it to the original configuration.

I am truly concerned, this has caused me quite a bit of discomfort, because one problem leads me to another and this is beyond my possibilities.

I ask if you could help me bring the ACA 500 plus back to life.

Thanks, best regards

Diego Arévalo

• Same answer here:

That's what the de-brick mode is for: You can bring it back to life by holding down the DisMo button until you see "0_" in the DisMo (the underscore is blinking). Once you see the blinking, do a keyboard reset, and the machine will come up as if the ACA500plus is not connected.

Now you can run the update-ADF from a floppy emulator, or you can write it to an actual floppy and boot that. It will perform the update, and you can then short-press the DisMo button and reset to use the menu again (or power cycle).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.