Bootable CD32 rescue cd-rom

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a bootable CD32 rescue cd-rom with the CD32_Rescue_V1.9.zip file? I burned the iso with ImgBurn (old skool!) but the iso is not bootable it seems.

http://wiki.icomp.de/w/images/9/95/CD32_Rescue_V1.9.zip

How does one run the config tool in the CD32 from cd? I don't have a TF in the CD32, just a plain CD32 without any modifications, well... there's a AGA MK3 in it ofcourse 8o

Hope someone can help me out!

Regards,

Marcel

• I've written the image with a Linux tool, because none of my Amiga computers has a CD-writer connected. From that I can say: The image is known-good. Might be a problem with the CDrs - try high-quality ones and a slower burn speed.

• Download CDBurnerXP on to Windows and install.

Unpack zip file on to PC.

Click on to unpacked file "IndiAGAmk3Rescue" or start the CDBurnerXP program and choose "Burn ISO image".

Change the speed of burning on to "other speed" and next choose speed as you wish - i used 4x.

• Choosing lower write speed is a pointless exercise really. What really matters is that the type of the blanks is known by the writer firmware - if they are, 16x or faster will lead to the exact same - if not better - results. If they are not, the writer will always default to somewhat suboptimal generic parameters which may or may not work well, and that independent of the writing speed. (*)

(*) All that unless you are using really really old hardware and/or questionable blanks. Obviously neither is recommended :)

• Hi,

I bought some quality cdr's and burned at low speed. I have burned IndiAGAmk3Rescue.iso from the CD32_Rescue_V1.9.zip file. The cd boots now in my CD32, I get the following screen:

I have hooked up a keyboard to the CD32 with a custom made adapter I bought on ebay the other day, I can press CTRL-C and type commands if I want.

When I now boot the CD32 I only have image via the A/V jack on the rear, no HDMI image anymore. The flash looks succesful, but now what?

Please advice.

Regards,

Marcel

• Hmm... that's the second case this week where an A4000D/CD32 version does not output a picture in a CD32. Do you have an A4000D to test this unit in? Or maybe an A1200 that does not have the TV modulator any more? Then it would also fit there...

I can confirm that the rescue CD is known-good; just tried flashing a A4000D/CD32 version in my CD32 and the picture came back right after flashing. Heavy (transformer-based) original CD32 power brick. There are no other components in this CD32 - anything special in yours?

• Hmm... that's the second case this week where an A4000D/CD32 version does not output a picture in a CD32. Do you have an A4000D to test this unit in? Or maybe an A1200 that does not have the TV modulator any more? Then it would also fit there...

I can confirm that the rescue CD is known-good; just tried flashing a A4000D/CD32 version in my CD32 and the picture came back right after flashing. Heavy (transformer-based) original CD32 power brick. There are no other components in this CD32 - anything special in yours?

I think it's a resolution thingie, cause the screens says that the signal is 'out of range' when I plug it into HDMI. Can I start the 'config tool' from the shell and select another resolution perhaps?

And in the iso there are multiple conf files I see, 1280/1368/1440/1920 and default.conf. Is there no 800x600.conf? Maybe when I flash that config it will work again?

I do have a 1200 as well, but before I open that I would like to try another config if possible or available ofcourse.

And yes, I am using original CD32 PSU (brick).

I got it working again, I re-did the entire procedure and for some reason now it works again.

Boot from the rescue iso and from keyboard:
    1. CTRL-C
    2. flashtool flash firmware

3. flashtool saveconfig default.conf
    4. Power cycle

And here it is again:

But now I am back to where I started :) My whole idea was to add sound to HDMI output, but for that I need to start the 'config tool'. So how do I start the config tool so I can enable sound to the HDMI output?

Regards,

Marcel

• The config tool is also on the CD - I have never tried it from a read-only medium, but it should work. Now that oyu have a keyboard connected, you should be able to find it.

• The config tool is also on the CD - I have never tried it from a read-only medium, but it should work. Now that oyu have a keyboard connected, you should be able to find it.

The config tool is the file called 'indivision' right?

When I run 'indivision' from the shell nothing happens...

What's the correct startup line? I do not see other files in the iso then the above.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.