Strange behaviour when AUX CF slot is occupied on ACA500Plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

First of all, thanks for creating this wonderful device!

But unfortunately I can't use the aux slot at all. Inserting a card when workbench booted crashes the machine, and when the slot is occupied pre-boot, the boot LED flashes shortly, and then the machine crashes.. I've tried several CF cards, even the one I installed workbench on, and they all display the same behaviour. Tried it with and without an X-Surf 500, and I'm using ACA500p ROM v0.129 (as provided when I ordered). When I disable the AUX CF slot, the machine boots (though the AUX LED does display some light, at, say, 10% brightness).

What could be wrong with my setup?

• First of all, you should only hot-plug a card if it's FAT-formatted. If the hard is Amiga-formatted, it cannot be hot-plugged - that's an OS limit.

Please take a close look inside the slot: Is there any bent pin? A "dim light" is possible, if there is a short between a 3.3V pin and the LED signal.

• Hi Jens,

I know about the hot-plugging, the cards were cold-plugged. As this didn't work, I tried hotplugging (first using FAT, afterwards using an installed AmigaOS).

The pins all look ok to me, I've visually inspected the solder joints, which seem ok as well.

I've ordered some more CF cards, just in case there is a problem with mine, and report on the issue in a few days.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.