Buddha 20-year anniversary edition no device visible

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Since a few days my Buddha 20-year anniversary edition no longer works.

It is visible during early boot.

I can't boot from the Buddha.

The Buddha is not visible as Buddhascsi.devices

MountIDE doesn't work either.

When I plug in the DOM (and using the jumper) the card shows up as Buddhascsi.device and boots from the DOM.

When I boot from my GVPscsi the DOM is also visible as well as the Buddhascsi.devcie.

I've already tried to flash the card but that doesn't help either.

My configuration:

A2000 1MB chip

A2630 with 4MB

GVPscsi without memory

ZZ9000 4MB configuration

Buddha 20-year anniversary edition

OS 3.2 (with 3.1 the same problem)

This setup has always worked without the GVPscsi.

I always had a HDD and DVD-ROM connected to it.

I installed the GVPscsi because I couldn't use a HDD anymore.

What could be wrong?

It's very similar to the problem in this topic: New Buddha 20th on A2000 - autoconfig shows board but no DOM boot

• Spymate

Changed the title of the thread from “Amiga 2000 no device visible” to “Buddha 20-year anniversary edition no device visible”.
  • If Buddhascsi.device is loaded with the DOM, then the hardware and software of the Buddha are OK.

If you remove the DOM and the device you have connected is not "visible" any more, then it's not recognized by the driver. If no device is recognized, the driver is not loaded to RAM in order to save RAM.

In other words: Check your cabling, power to the IDE device and the device itself.

• I will come back to this topic later. I have found that my motherboard has problems.

It won't boot without cards. With the A2630 it starts up and works without any problems.

First I need to find out where this problem is and I suspect it is related to the first mentioned problem.

• First I need to find out where this problem is and I suspect it is related to the first mentioned problem.

I have an A2000 that has the exact same symptom. The board had a leaking battery when I got it, which I removed of course. Obviously, it was too late and some traces got damaged.

• There is something wrong with the memory.

With diagrom I get a green/red screen which indicates a chip memory error.

This also explains why autoconfig cannot address memory.

So for now there is nothing wrong with the Buddha card.

I'm going to spend my time building my new Floppie209 Amiga 2000 remake.

• I want to come back to this problem.

I have a different motherboard now and it has the exact same problem. This motherboard is rev6, the previous one was rev6.2

Only change is that I now use an Oktagon 2008 as scsi.

Still no buddhascsi.device visible.

With workbench loaded, sysinfo sees the card.

Early boot sees the card.

Only addition I forgot is that I installed bigram.

• If the card is seen, but buddhascsi.device is not loaded, then the software did not find any IDE device. In that case, the software will not be loaded in order to save memory.

• I finally got it working again.

At first it wouldn't load the drivers when I connected a HDD.

I then reconnected the DOM to port 2.

Then connect the HDD to port 1.

Due to the DOM, the drive was loaded into memory.

Then installed the HDD with the install on the DOM.

After that it worked without DOM.

No idea why I had to install the HDD from the DOM first.

Later I partitioned the HDD again with HDToolBox and installed PFS3, all without DOM ???

• Depending on the size of the drive (larger or smaller than 4G?), you may haved ended up with an unstable config now. If the drive is smaller than 4G, you're safe. If it's larger than 4G, you need to do more sophisticated steps to install a 64-bit file system and correct RDB entries for partition sizes that will not overlap with others. HDToolbox alone is NOT fit for that job, unless you really know what you're doing (and can ignore things like negative partition sizes).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.