Maprom ACA1234

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This is more a note then a question about the maprom function on the ACA1234 maprom.

I received my ACA1234 yesterday and loaded kickstart 3.2 from my harddisk.

After that my screen showed a red color which mean rom error.

Luckly i could whipe the rom with the jumper on the ACA1234 which erase the eeprom.

After this i installed kickstart 3.2 from a floppydisk and this worked very good.

I now have kickstart 3.2 in the flash rom from the ACA1234!

So my advise is when you want to load a kickstart in the flashrom do it from floppydisk.

• I have observed the same behaviour once or twice during development of acatool for the ACA1234, but it happened only with a OS3.2 ROM file, if I remember correctly. I did the same - reset the configuation, and tried again (not from floppy), then it worked. I'll try to reproduce this once again.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.