Commodore 64 Laptop

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Dear Sirs,

Hi:

I'm a great fan of Your products and I'd like, if You agree, to give You a suggestion for Yours fantastic engineers:

why don't producing a Commodore 64 motherboard, with all the original Commodore 64 connectors, to mount/fit in a laptop case/monitor?

An already assembled laptop ready-for-use could be even more great.

Thank You.

Best Regards.

Black Dobermann

• Because laptop cases are not standardized, and rarely sold separately without the motherboard/electronics/display already included. Also try to fit an 1541 disk-drive in a laptop and see how "portable" it will stay. And... Ideas are cheap (and we have plenty of those). It is the execution and implementation that matters. Also personally I would go for an Amiga based laptop instead. Either 3.5 inch floppy is doable or just boot from an CF card (technology that is already accepted on that platform as boot media)

• Yes, but I mean without the 1541: storage could be sd card or an external 1541 (I wrote: with all the original C64 ports), and the laptop case you could produce a custom one.

An Amiga laptop could be cool too

• To be more precise: You'd have to find a vendor who is willing to produce a laptop with "our" main board. Most of the laptop designs are proprietary, so you'd have to find someone who is willing to share and/or sell his design at a really low price. Usually, laptop manufacturers don't even react to requests like that, as we can't guarantee 6-digit figures for the initial production run.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.