Black Screen - New Board

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Need Help with black screen-

I have recently purchased a C64MK2 board and acquired the chips needed to operate this unit. I have the following chips. 1-6510 cpu, 1-6510CBM

cpu, 2- CIA 6526A chips (purchased from usa vendor), 2- CIA 6526A chips (purchased from china vendor) 1-8580R5 purchased with the MK2, and two

6567R8 video chips. I know the video chips are good, both have been tested in my original c64, the sound chip is from you. I have tried

both cpu chips in the mk2 and both sets of the CIA chips. All I get at first is a black screen with white diagonal dots, then a blank black

screen. Any suggestions. Also my power supply is 12v dc 2amp max. I have tried everything from the "Troubleshooting a black screen" post. Removed CIA chips and restarted, ran every test from remote menu.

Version - C64 Reloaded MK2 V20180227

Chipset information from remote menu:

VIC-II: 6567 (1D 54 987F NTSC)

SID 1 : 8580 (DF 00)

SID 2 : Unknown (13 00)

CPU : PHI2 OK (045A)

No blinking LED's on the board.

Remote Connection works fine.

Hooked up to an original C64 monitor

• So you still have a black screen if both CIA chips are removed? Please try to move the CPU sideways in the socket while the lever is closed (down). This will scratch the pins and may solve a contact problem.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.