ACA500+ (2018) stopped working

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

My ACA500+ just stoped working. The only thing it does at the moment is that the Dismo lits up for a brief moment, together with the small led on the same PCD the dismo is on, then nothing ... The green LED on the X-Surf 500 comes to live,

It happend while swaping a CF in the AUX slot. I checked the slot, no bend pins as for as i can see . Also the orientation is correct, its sitting in my a500+ for 3 years now.

Used hardware : Amiga 500+ (batery changed for cel-coin, leakage oid)) 1mb extra ram, CA-PSU, Indivision ECS V2

Any idea i can try exept for cleaning the expantion slot (done that)? Or can i just asume its broken.. in that case the question is, is it worth repair?

• First of all, I'd try to launch it in de-brick mode: Press and hold the DisMo button until you see "0_" blinking, then do a keyboard reset. If it's coming up then, just re-flash the card.

Or can i just asume its broken.. in that case the question is, is it worth repair?

It's practically always worth repairing, as new units are getting scarce and more expensive, while labour for diagnosis can be kept within very sane limits. Since you reported that it happened while hot-plugging a CF card, you may just have caused a short on the power supply pins - depending on which pins you've shorted, one of the driver chips or the FET that switches power on/off for that port might have died. I don't want to jump to conclusions just yet - the CA-PSU probably has switched off very quickly on overload, but during that glitch, the flash might have taken a hit, which can easily be verified with de-brick mode and re-flashing the unit.

• Thanx for the tip, didnt think of debrick mode. So i gave it a try and it gives me a "0_".

But the amiga wont boot after a keyboard reset ;(

The system did hang but wasnt turned off, the workbech just freezed. Didnt feel anything when inserting the card, just wnet in smooth. I know from my old canon camera that you feel a bit more force when inserting if a pin is bent (no good guider in the cam), but then the pins are thin and my hand are big.. so probebly happend, but unnoticed

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.