ACA 630 not working with ROM 3.2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

Update my one A600 with ROM 3.2 and first panic and shock.

After some test is confirmed: ACA 630 not working (only black screen, no disk click, not possible enter to Early setup) together with ROM 3.2

(3.1.4 works ok), A600 rev. 2.D, "A300" or too rev.1.5 - problem is 100% ACA 630 vs. ROM 3.2

Please any idea and reason? Know problem or new info?

Regards, Sveta

• The ACA630 uses Z3 Autoconfig, and that's broken in 3.2-Kickstart V47.96. Please use V47.97 or higher - we have reported to Hyperion that it works, and I am fed up with people coming here, claiming that my hardware fails, where it's the new ROM that's at fault.

• I got a black screen with the Cloanto 45.064 Kickstart. Changed it to 37.175 and it works. Will try 40.063 once I find the ROM to verify that that works and that it's not an issue with my (used) ACA630.

So it's possible that the Z3 Autoconfig is also broken in 45.064 (which is really another version of 3.1 with some changes that Cloanto incorporated)

• Thanks for the report - yet another reason not to recommend the Cloanto Kickstart. Why chase a new version number? Kick 3.1 has all it takes to run all Amiga software, and the titles that don't work will run with V1.3, I don't know a single piece of software that *requires* anything after Kick 3.1.

• I never understood the reason for all these 'new' kickstarts. I run 3.1 or older on all my Amigas and never found a reason to why I should need one of those "modern" kickstarts.

• Simply because I wanted FFS support bigger than 4 GB (ultimately settled on using PFS AIO instead) and 68060 patch code (which 45.064 didn't include - only got added as part of 45.066).

Anyway, it was a ROM that I had laying around and that I put in after pulling 37.299 (No IDE support)..

I used 3.1 in my machines. And after testing with 37.175 I installed 40.063 (3.1) in the A600, too, and the ACA630 works as expected.

• yeah. I've been using PFSAIO for quite a few years now. I switched all my Amigas from FFS to PFSAIO. Most of my Amigas are using 8GB CF cards with 3 partitions. I am also using classic workbench on all of them. 8GB is really enough for the whole whdload games and demos library with alot of space left. So this is also why I never saw any point in trying one of those 'modern' kickstarts and just stick to Kickstart 3.1. Which works well with all my setups. (ACA 1221, ACA1233, ACA 620, Furia, ACA 500 and ACA 500 +. A500s, A600s and A1200s.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.