P96 3.1.2 and CVPPC - "Could not create graphics board context for 'CVisionPPC', please check your Picasso96 installation."

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi all,

I have read all of the topics related to this and none of them exactly describe my issue. I'm getting "Could not create graphics board context for 'CVisionPPC', please check your Picasso96 installation." after a fresh install of P96 3.1.2 on a fresh install of AmigaOS 3.2 (with 3.2 Roms). The proper chip and card libs were copied into the Libs:P96 drawer. The icon in the DEVS:Monitor is the one from this install as it was a fresh install. When using findboard, it does not see the CVisionPPC card (although it auto-checked during the install). There are no RTG settings in Screenmode, but they are in the P96 screenmodes, but no board is present to attach them to the settings.

Any ideas?

Rick

• When using findboard, it does not see the CVisionPPC card

This may be related to a known bug in the 3.2 ROMs: Z3 Autoconfig is broken, and has been fixed in an internal, later version of the Kickstart 3.2 ROMs. However, Hyperion has not informed the resellers about this, so the best recommendation I can currently give is to continue to use 3.1 ROMs, and soft-kick the 3.2 extensions. This will most likely fix your problem.

• Oh that stinks. I just replaced the Roms on both my Amigas with 3.2 Roms. Where can we get more information about this bug and the extent it is affecting Z3 autoconfig? Looks like buying new sets of Roms is in my future. :(

Thanks for the information though.

• We've reported it to Hyperion a few weeks ago; they have an internal version V47.97 that we confirmed working. Hyperion said that they want this to be in the 3.2.1 release of the OS, because they want to give this more testing. In the meantime (info from Hyperion from August 19th, 2021), Kick/OS 3.1.4 shall be made available for free to 3.2 customers. Not sure how that turned out - please ask at Hyperion.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.