Micromys V5 Intermittent Functionality

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Totally agree on the China thing, it's fun explaining you want to pay more, not less, but you have quality requirements.
    Some factories love that, others still don't get it. :)

Testing is automatic, but I've been in the meetings in North American semiconductor manufacturing. where we eliminate tests to save money...it happens every day... and on a $0.10 chip, I'd just assume there is an inrush current, steady state current and some sort of heart-beat verification and then on to the next chip, as fast a test as possible. And I strongly doubt the presence of AECQ101 lot testing, or any corner lot testing. This is not TSMC its mainland China fab'd.

• And I strongly doubt the presence of AECQ101 lot testing,

Granted - couldn't think of an "automotive" requirement for a mouse sensor :-)

However, knowing that you can buy an 8051 MCU in 8-pin package, fully tested and with worldwide unique ID programmed, for 3 cents US, it means that at least testing 8 bonding wires and pre-programming a few flash cells is possible for such a low price, including a profit for all involved parties: Fabless chip designer, chip manufacturer, bonding/package service. And for an additional few fractions of a cent, you can have your 1k code pre-programmed - which is still under the price of the cheapest NE555 variant around.

I can think of lots of things that one can add for another 7 cents, especially if you know that such a sensor will be used in really high volume.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.