Clockport header?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Does the Catweasel MK2 or MK2 Anniversary Edition (are these both identical) work if connected to the ACA1233n clockport header instead of the A1200 clockport header? Also would it be safe to connect the Catweasel to a clockport expander, something like the commonly available 4-way Clockport expander by Matthias Munch?

• Catweasel MK2 or MK2 Anniversary Edition (are these both identical)

They are indeed identical on the hardware level - it's mainly the colour of the board that differs.

work if connected to the ACA1233n clockport header instead of the A1200 clockport header?

No, this won't work, as the multidisk.device will not look for the Catweasel MK2 at $d9.0001.

Also would it be safe to connect the Catweasel to a clockport expander, something like the commonly available 4-way Clockport expander by Matthias Munch?

While it may work (as the clock port expander is based on a sketch that I have published about 18 years ago), please understand that I won't give support for such a contraption. There's a reason why I haven't made such a clock port expander in all these years. With RapidRoad for clock port having gone out of production earlier this year for the very same reason, I don't want to support unstable-by-design contraptions like the ones being illegaly sold by individuals who don't care about rules and regulations, not supporting their customers and even letting me do the support work for them.

• So would you advise that the RapidRoad & RTC modules the only peripherals that could be safely connected to the ACA1233n's clockport header?

Any plans to release another batch of Catweasels sometime in the future?

• So would you advise that the RapidRoad & RTC modules the only peripherals that could be safely connected to the ACA1233n's clockport header?

My general advice has changed earlier this year: Do not use any clock port device that uses a cable. This includes RapidRoad.

Any plans to release another batch of Catweasels sometime in the future?

I do get requests for them every now and then, but I'd have to do a re-design with modern chips and without a cable. I won't exclude it, but won't make any promises for a release either.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.