Problems getting CD-ROM to work and CacheCDFS

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I have installed a new Buddha into an Amiga 500+ in a Checkmate 1500+ case with Zorro breakout PCB. It is working fine after installing the drivers and I have it working with a CF card with an adapter plugged right into the Budddha. I also have a CD/DVD ROM connected to the other Buddha IDE port and during installation of the CD drivers I'm having problems.

When I run Finddevice, and it scans, it does find the correct CD ROM drive which is an LG GS40N. This is a slim SATA interface and I have used an adapter to bring it out to SATA and another adapter to get to IDE. Despite this, it is recognized and I have seen that others have used this same drive successfully.

When I reboot or try to select "USE" I get the message about the license issue with Elaborate bytes etc, I also saw this message during installation. I have downloaded CacheCDFS but what do I do with it and where must I place it? Hope you can help, thank you.

PS, I bought the Buhdda earlier this year so assumed it has the latest firmware and have not flashed anything.

• I have installed a new Buddha into an Amiga 500+ in a Checkmate 1500+ case with Zorro breakout PCB.

Too bad you haven't read this forum before. The Checkmate1500 case is far from recommended. You may see random read/write errors due to missing bus buffering and termination.

When I run Finddevice, and it scans, it does find the correct CD ROM drive which is an LG GS40N. This is a slim SATA interface and I have used an adapter to bring it out to SATA and another adapter to get to IDE. Despite this, it is recognized and I have seen that others have used this same drive successfully.

That's a "first" - I haven't found any SATA->Pata adapter that works.

When I reboot or try to select "USE" I get the message about the license issue with Elaborate bytes etc, I also saw this message during installation. I have downloaded CacheCDFS but what do I do with it and where must I place it? Hope you can help, thank you.

Copy the file to your L: directory. It overwrites the other one.

PS, I bought the Buhdda earlier this year so assumed it has the latest firmware and have not flashed anything.

Open a shell and type "version buddhascsi.device" - version 52.101 is the latest (released some time in 2019).

• Thank you for the reply. So far the CF operation in the Buddha is working fine despite the Zorro PCB not being to electrical spec.

I checked the version and it is 52.101 so I won't attempt to re -flash it. I copied CacheCDFS to L directory still having an issue, I will investigate further in the next few days. I still can see the correct drive when using FindDevice but got a warning when reinstalling the CD drive software, I will make a note of the message this evening.

• but got a warning when reinstalling the CD drive software

This will most likely replace CacheCDFS in L: with the "nagging" version again, so the same warning is expected. Just copy the new version *after* installation is complete.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.