Gigatron TTL computer core

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hoi All,

I'm back... sorta... still recovering, but never mind that, I brought you a present.

An implementation of the gigatron TTL computer for the Chameleon. Including an emulation of pluggy the PS/2 adapter. The blinken-lights are mapped to the PS/2 numlock, capslock, scrolllock and the red LED on the chameleon (as there are only 3 LEDs on the keyboard). Green LED is same as numlock.

Remember: Flashy little shiny things = good.

PS/2 cursor keys map to joystick (you can also use the joystick port 1 on the dockingstation).
    Delete/End is button A

Insert/Home is button B.

PageUp is start

PageDown is select (which changes the scanlines and as side effect cpu speed)

Right button on chameleon does a hardware reset.

Make sure you select the proper rbf for your platform chameleon1_gigatron.rbf for V1 hardware that is the one with the breakout cable and chameleon2_gigatron.rbf for V2 hardware that has the PS/2 connectors and data usb sticking out on the side. In chaco set "Flash additional Rom" the latest rom image is provided, but any should work (the actual hardware is fairly accurately emulated, it is TTL logic after all).

Pre-compiled binaries for both V1 and V2 and latest 128k gigatron firmware (select the proper one when flashing!!!)

chameleon_gigatron.zip

Full source code available in my fpga_examples github project.

https://github.com/pwsoft/fpga_examples

More information about the gigatron:

https://gigatron.io/

L8r,

Peter

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.