gfx glitch in menu when pressing pause-button on kbd

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • If I press "PAUSE" on the ps/2 keyboard while I am in the main menu of the TC a rasterbar is appearing for a fraction of a second randomly placed in the border (white color rasterbar). Just wondering if you can try to reproduce it and tell my what the reason is. I am just askin out of curiosity :)

To reproduce: power on TCv2 with latest 9o FW and while in the main menu, press PAUSE 2-3 times a second for a while to see the gfx artifact.

//Espen

• Pause is the RESTORE key, which causes an NMI. You can confuse just about any piece of software with random NMIs - Tobias will be able to tell you what the NMI service routine of the menu does.

• This is really strange - because NMI should be completely disabled when the menu is running (the NMI handler does nothing besides inc/dec $d020)

I have to investigate why this happens. It looks like it only ever happens in standalone mode

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.