[Indivision MK3] Can I load and apply config file without launching the MK3 application?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I read in the manual that with the command line argument I can load startup config file.

I didn't test it - but I guess that the application will also run - and to apply the new config file I will have to

click the button as always.

I was wondering - because probably I will have like 1-3 different config files

would it be possible to run the applicatio with the command line and config file name

and automatic applaying the config file?

I could then make a script for running a specific game,

for example:

Code
    1. // before game start apply the config 1
    2. IndivisionAGAmk3 QUIET config_1.file
    3. gamestart
    4. // after game ends apply standard config 2
    5. IndivisionAGAmk3 QUIET config_2.file

it would speed up the whole process - I wouldn't have to apply the config first - I could make every thing with double-click.

• Please do, as this will render a thread like this unnecessary.

Hi again,

So I tested like this:

Code
    1. IndivisionAGAMK3 CONFIGFILE my_config.conf

The result was that the Indivisinon prefs application opened with loaded config. Thats what I expected.

I had to click buttons to accept this.

My question was, would it be possible to apply the config file without opening the application and confirm the changes.

I would like to make a script that could be run as icon in WB, after double click lets say icon named my_config_1, the my_config_1 would be applied

and alive just like this - without additinal confirm..

• No, this is currently not available. The idea was that you have multiple configurations applying to the same Amiga mode in your main configuration, and switch them manually using the live config.

The flashtool is not suitable here either, as it lacks the infrastructure to trigger a configuration.

• No, this is currently not available. The idea was that you have multiple configurations applying to the same Amiga mode in your main configuration, and switch them manually using the live config.

The flashtool is not suitable here either, as it lacks the infrastructure to trigger a configuration.

Thanks for answer, I hope it will be possible maybe in some future update..

• Here's an experimental version 1.9.1 of the config tool. It has got an additional command-line argument 'SAVEAPPLY'. Use as follows:

# IndivisionAGAmk3 SAVEAPPLY hello.conf

It uses some "adventurous" programming to achieve this goal with minimum effort. Please report back if it works for you.

• Here's an experimental version 1.9.1 of the config tool. It has got an additional command-line argument 'SAVEAPPLY'. Use as follows:

# IndivisionAGAmk3 SAVEAPPLY hello.conf

It uses some "adventurous" programming to achieve this goal with minimum effort. Please report back if it works for you.

WOW - Thank You Timm

I will test it and let You know!

• WOW - Thank You Timm

I will test it and let You know!

Jens  Timm

Hello again, I tested your update - works GREAT! Thank you very much. Its now more flexible.

The different settings can be loaded by cllicking on script in icon or in tool menu, or just be applied just before the game run.

ps.

By the way, I noticed that when some configujration file is loaded an applied for the first time the screen goes blank for a while.

When this configuration file is loaded again later, the screen doesn't go blank..

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.