When I can get one - I'm in the US

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I do wish to have a cool C64C Case for my built sixtyclone 250407 and replace it from the LEGO Case I have of it, but I'm in the US, I would love to test out any shipping you can do for the US something this cool to use. just let me know when USA is open for shipping these cases.

• We're working with UPS to implement a fully electronic way of relaying customs data. Once this is in place, shipping to non-EU countries will be possible again, also for larger parcels. This may happen as soon as September.

• What is the update on this? Why are we in the US not able to get these? Third party people I have read (Netherlands, Poland) have been able to purchase these and ship them to the USA. If they can then so should you. I read months ago that you partnered with UPS. Well they ship world wide.

• We still haven't completed developing the interface for transferring customs data electronically to UPS. This is requried, as you don't want to pay for us completing customs papers manually - we can only offer the low prices we currently have with a high level of automation.

• I do wish to have a cool C64C Case for my built sixtyclone 250407 and replace it from the LEGO Case I have of it, but I'm in the US, I would love to test out any shipping you can do for the US something this cool to use. just let me know when USA is open for shipping these cases.

I can sent it to you if you want. Let me know if you need any help with this. (Netherlands).

• We have sent a first parcel with UPS to an address in Phoenix, Arizona last thursday. UPS is still struggling to get it off the ground: It's been stuck at Cologne airport with a note "rescheduled delivery, unable to load on plane". No idea what the cause is.

• Why not offer them through (shop-link removed)? They seem to be able to ship product to the USA. I just bought and received a 64C motherboard off eBay from Germany, Took about a week, not by any means being a trouble maker, just not understanding why shipping to the USA is so difficult when other places seem to doing it.

Edited once, last by Jens: no links to external pages, please - I don't want to deal with the legal implications! ().

• I don't want to use DHL for shipping any more - they have caused too many delays, too much damage and I had to go to court against them too many times because of their bad service. We won every single one of those lawsuits, but the mere fact that they can't just pay out the insurance value if they screwed up puts me off.

Parcel One doesn't take parcels of this size. For smaller items, we ship successfully with Parcel One.

I'm sorry for the wait - still haven't found out what the reason is for the delay that we're seeing on our very first "UPS expedited" parcel. Doesn't feel that expedited to me if they re-schedule the flight across the pond for no obvious reason. I hope they come back with a good explanation like "we had to activate electronic invoice and customs papers in all computer systems".

• On the receiving side, I've much preferred DHL to UPS for as long as I've had choice.
    DHL gives electronic notice of parcels arriving and an easy way to pay fees online or on my phone.
    UPS mostly just sends surprise invoices after delivery, or more commonly fakes a delivery and leaves a note asking for fees to be paid before a second attempt. Fully my least favourite courier service, with what seems like the least automation.
    I do like your Parcel One service, goes straight to my mailbox. It lacked a bit of transparency during 'peak covid', but it worked fine, even when DHL wouldn't.

How did your UPS expedited exploitation end ?

Sure to be an epic UPS tale. :)

• DHL gives electronic notice of parcels arriving and an easy way to pay fees online or on my phone.

That's probably DHL Express - a huge difference to standard DHL, which we're using. The European DHL will send over the big pond, but hand over to USPS as soon as it enters the country. Especially during the months leading up to the US election, USPS was completely flawed. Parcels were lost or massively delayed, and with delays crossing the 3-month barrier, certain local data centers didn't have access to the (now "old") tracking numbers, so they didn't know what to do with them (didn't occur to them to just send them where they have been addressed to).

Parcel One does the same, just with yet another intermediary service provider. Most of the US parcels are shipped through the Belgian post, who aren't the fastest ones in the first place - especially if it comes to a lost parcel. And we've had a few lost ones with Parcel One lately! The drawback is that with so many different providers involved, one always has the chance to point fingers at the other. With UPS, this won't be possible, as they promise to only ever let go of the parcel when it has arrived at the destination.

UPS mostly just sends surprise invoices after delivery,

That's an interesting one - the one trial parcel that we've shipped was handed over to the customer without any charge. However, the system predicted a small import fee, and I would have expected that the delivery driver will just swipe a credit card to get the payment. Didn't happen with the trial parcel.

How long do you think will it take for UPS to send that "surprise invoice", and what kind of import fees are that? Is it the local state's sales tax?

• We have sent a first parcel with UPS to an address in Phoenix, Arizona last thursday. UPS is still struggling to get it off the ground: It's been stuck at Cologne airport with a note "rescheduled delivery, unable to load on plane". No idea what the cause is.

it could be the Virus or the why UK does Shipping now.

I can sent it to you if you want. Let me know if you need any help with this. (Netherlands).

I could use one sadly I don't have money to get one, I'm gonna transfer this over to the case so I can in the future Build the shortie board of Rob's Sixtyclone

• I can now see US as part of shipments now but I just need to know totals when I the clear one with any good shipping like UPS and the Ohio tax of 8% - So I don't know what will be the final total in US Dollars.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.