DolphinDOS support

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Would it be possible to add the parallel port feature so that DolphinDOS could work? The C64 core in MiSTer supports this.

Even if it only works in standalone/docked mode, it would be quite nice for speeding up loads.

• We've discussed this in the very early days of the Chameleon, because DolphinDOS is very simple: The standard ("speeddos type") parallel cable and 8k more RAM for the floppy. The short answer is: We've postponed this to "after the beta phase", because we're feature-complete.

The speed of Dolphin DOS is not that spectacular over modern-day serial speeders, so there's not much (if anything) you're losing.

• I have put it on my TODO list... right now i am "optimizing" the menu system (as in refactor a lot of stuff so i can add more things) and then i can hopefully add some features that were suggested. Like Jens said, we have other details on the list that need to be worked on first, if time time permits even.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.