Hy fellow Chameleon owners!
It has been a while - admittedly longer than we planned - but finally we made it. This core update is the first step to the release of the updated chameleon hardware, which our crew is busy producing right now and should be available in the shop real soon. This update already contains the core for the new hardware, and the tools are updated to work with it. Updated documentation for FPGA developers will follow when peter cleaned it all up. After that we'll go back to fix some remaining bugs. The end (of beta) is near!
The changes in details:
- - renamed the binary from "update.exe" to "flasher.exe". the former would trigger pointless UAC warnings in win7 and up.
- - detect chameleon v2, and selects the v2 core via filename pattern
- - restart core 0 after abort
- - disable "start bootloader" button when no chameleon is connected
- FPGA Core:
- - Added support for the 1MB homebrew variant of the "Magic Desk" cartridge
- - Added support for the optional EPROM on the COMAL80 cartridge
- - Added support for the 256kB "FC3+" FC3 images
- - Fixed RAM mapping in "ultimax" mode
- - Fixed mapping of the Character ROM in VIC cycles
- - Fixed reading of write-only cartridge registers
- - Various CIA fixes, allows switching between "new" and "old" CIA now
- Menu System:
- - BUGFIX: the easyflash related EAPI function to erase a sector did write to I/O instead of cartridge memory, which would result in broken audio
- - BUGFIX: when mounting a d64 or g64 image on the second drive, the wrong image would be marked active and diskchange was always triggered on the first emulated drive.
- - BUGFIX: set $ba (current drive id) to the device id of the d64 image when starting a prg file from inside a mounted d64 image.
- - BUGFIX: in the "file action" (SPACE) menu do not show the "load" option when the menu is invoked on .geo or .reu files, and the respective expansion is not enabled
- - BUGFIX: show a message when trying to load a georam or reu file and georam or reu is not enabled, or the file is too large for the configured size
- - moved VIC and CIA settings into "Emulation settings" Menu
- - added CIA type selection
As usual get the update on the Chameleon wiki page.