Is ti allowed to hotplug Micromys V5?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I'm considering to buy Micromys V5 in order to be able to use PS2 mouse on the Amiga. But I often use my Amiga for gaming and sometimes I need to unplug mouse and plugin joystick for second player while Amiga is turned on. So my question is, if I use Micromys V5 for mouse, is it allowed to unplug and/or plug it when Amiga is on? Or is that something that is not recommended, or even not allowed?

• Generally that is no problem. The only thing that may happen is that (sometimes!) the autodetection for the target computer fails, so the mouse will not work correctly. If you are using the Adapter with Amiga only, jumper it accordingly to remove that problem.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.