Instructions for mounting an Indivision ECS v2 in an A600

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • The documentation for Indivision ECS v2 states:

For installation in an A3000T, A1000 and A600, additional parts are required that are not included in the normal Indivision ECS V2 package. If you want to install the flickerfixer in one of these computers, please download the respective manual from our Wiki wiki.icomp.de.

However, I cannot find instructions these, except the relative sparse words about fitting an Indivision ECS on the

A604n page.

It's not rocket science but I have two questions that I think should be made clear on the wiki:

1. Should the extra socket be used in-between the A604n and the Indivision?
    2. Should the grounding wire be used, and if so how should it be connected?

• Just a followup for others.

The most obvious screw would be the mounting screw of the floppy drive that also holds the riser card.

That screw was too short to grip when I had both the floppy and the A604n riser card mounted so I instead used the PCB mount screw immediately to the left of the expansion port.

• Hello,

I have just received my Indivision MKII for my A600. I have a RTC module on a 604n so I used the spacer socket. Problem is, the case doesn't want to close properly as it seems there isn't enough room. Has anyone else found space issues for this add-on card and the A600?

• Hello,

I have just received my Indivision MKII for my A600. I have a RTC module on a 604n so I used the spacer socket. Problem is, the case doesn't want to close properly as it seems there isn't enough room. Has anyone else found space issues for this add-on card and the A600?

Do you have the RTC fitted....?

Ive not had my keyboard fitted in my A600 Furia for Ages...i use a USB keyboard Adapter.....(but thats only because my A600Furia is going into a tower)

A600 Furia with 020/33 9.5 meg fast...32gb SD...Pi1 Dfo: Geotec DF1:....A604n...Indivision V2...RTC....Prisma card Wirless Keyboard

A500 rev6a project

Xbox Classic with WinUAEX

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• Yes I do have a RTC fitted. The Amiga 600 just has a terrible case to begin with. I do have a Furia in mine also but that's not a problem. I ended up taking the spacer out and the pins are long enough on the MK2 that it fits still and works. Case is a very tight fit but at least the trapdoor lid doesn't bulge like it was before. The crystal on the MK2 is what interferes with the RTC module. I also put some insulation on top of the MK2 so it doesn't come into contact with the back of the keyboard, better safe than sorry. Amiga 600 is now all closed up and working fine now!

• I can confirm that the combination of A604, Indivision ECSv2 and the RTC module does not work in an A600. When you use the RTC without the extra DIL-socket between Indivision ECSv2, the crystal on the bottom side of Indivision ECSv2 touches the RTC board, making it impossible to get into the socket of the A604.

When the extra socket is used, you are not able to close the housing.

• I'm aware that it's a tight fit - and it gets even worse if the HD cradle is not there any more, because that serves as a keyboard rest. Without that, the keyboard presses on the whole setup, requiring you to leave the trapdoor open.

While it all works electrically, it may not be too nice, but I cannot provide any other solution for now.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.