CA-PSU Voltages?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens,

I did a voltage test (no load) on my CA-PSU and while the +12V & +5V rails look to be good, the -12V rail seems to be a little low. Is this normal or within spec for the -12V rail? should it not be as close to -12V as possible?

12v = 12.27

-12v = -8.50

5v = 5.059

• The negative voltage is only accurate with a minimum load on 5V. Measuring without load doesn't make sense at all, as the cable drop compensation will only work properly with a few hundred mA of load, which even a vanilla A500 will exceed.

• I doubt that you can power a floppy drive with a 5-pin square connector. Just plug it to an Amiga and see that everything works fine. All units have passed single-unit-testing here.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.