IR Bandwidth

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Out of curiosity -- what is the maximum theoretical bandwidth on the IR port if one was to have some fun with it and use it for something else than the CDTV remote ;-)
    For instance file transfer to something external. Are we talking just a few kB/sec or are we in the hundreds of kb/sec area ?

For instance: If two TC's is placed beside eachother and wants to link games :D (I am just brainfartin here)

• In theory you can transfer some hundred(s) kB/sec via IR if i remember correctly - however hte IR reciever in the chameleon isnt really set up for high speed transfers, and it can only recognize the CDTV protocoll. It's also just a reciever, so linking two chameleons that way can not work - using IEC for this is a much better idea (and it will then even work with real C64s)

• Ah, yes -- I did not know it was only capable to do RX. Ok -- I'll put the idea to rest :D

The IEC indeed is working fantastically in the latest minimig core with a NodeMCU and 57k6bps serial speed for internet connection. Use it daily :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.