WB 3.1 installer configuration with 8GB Compact Flash Card

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I have several 8GB Compact Flash cards available but no 4GB cards. If I want to use them on the ACA500Plus for the WB 3.1 installer and as a hard drive is that possible? If it requires some modification, can someone point me to a resource on how to get that done or outline the steps for me? Thanks!

• The OS installer is completely automatic, with hardly any user options selectable. You can use any size of CF card, so 8G is fine. A 64-bit file system will be used automatically, so no headaches because the media is larger than 4G.

Steps are: Insert card into boot slot, switch on, go to installer menu, select automatic installer, follow instructions on screen.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.