AGA Mk3, a basic question about functionality

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Recently I wanted to buy something for my A1200 and ended up with this and it came today. The hardware seems to be top quality, and even the 'snap on' connection to the chips was surprisingly firm and will bropably work flawlessly. Only problem was that it wouldn't fit with my RTC module so I need to get a riser for it.

And now for the question. Do I really need to look at the Individual Computers 'pop up' with all the display mode specs every time I change screen mode or can it be disabled?

Currently I have absolutely no idea how to set this up but if I need to look at it every time the screen mode changes (for example switching between workbench and some other program which has opened it's own screen with different resolution) I will not even bother because it sure gets my blood boiling. And for an ending, I have to say that the product wasn't quite what I expected. For this price I was hoping to just plug the HDMI and the device would do it's magic converting 'what ever screen mode' to the modern display, but seems there is quite a lot to fiddle about. But I'm sure it will be worth it and I'll do it some day - but only if I just can disable the pop up.

• Recently I wanted to buy something for my A1200 and ended up with this and it came today. The hardware seems to be top quality, and even the 'snap on' connection to the chips was surprisingly firm and will bropably work flawlessly. Only problem was that it wouldn't fit with my RTC module so I need to get a riser for it.

And now for the question. Do I really need to look at the Individual Computers 'pop up' with all the display mode specs every time I change screen mode or can it be disabled?

Currently I have absolutely no idea how to set this up but if I need to look at it every time the screen mode changes (for example switching between workbench and some other program which has opened it's own screen with different resolution) I will not even bother because it sure gets my blood boiling. And for an ending, I have to say that the product wasn't quite what I expected. For this price I was hoping to just plug the HDMI and the device would do it's magic converting 'what ever screen mode' to the modern display, but seems there is quite a lot to fiddle about. But I'm sure it will be worth it and I'll do it some day - but only if I just can disable the pop up.

in the test/adjust section set the OSDSec to zero and press okay 😲

Images

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

Edited once, last by Phil ().

• Only problem was that it wouldn't fit with my RTC module so I need to get a riser for it.

Sounds like a really huge RTC module. You might want to look at our RTC modules - they are a nice fit with just about any expansion. Most of the currently-available RTC modules from other vendors are a direct knock-off of iComp's form factor.

As for your "fiddling with it"-criticism: The config tool already does a lot of things automatically, but since there are so many screen modes and so many special cases to take care of, you still have full manual control if you want it. You'll see that the scaler performs really well if you choose a high output resolution. Your screen shot looks like you still have the "safe" resolution that's factory-default for compatibility with the majority of monitors. The circle in the background is not really a circle, and you clearly see scaling artefacts. You'll get rid of that by choosing a higher output resolution.

To make confusion even greater, the output resolution on the digital output is set with the "VGA mode" menu :-)

• . The circle in the background is not really a circle, and you clearly see scaling artefacts. You'll get rid of that by choosing a higher output resolution.

Jens, that picture was just an example where the thread starter can find the settings for the OSD display

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.