Indivision MK3 and FlashFloppy OSD

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Indivision AGA MK3 gets it's picture data directly from Lisa. Anything that happens on the analogue-out (which is where I believe that OSD is mixed in) will not show on any of the MK3 outputs (neither VGA, nor HDMI).

• ah yeah a couple of minutes after I've posted I've found a similar thread on your German version of the forum.. Not a big thing however it would be a nice feature.

I know they do some magic with the HDMI RPI solutions out there to get OSD on the HDMI output.

• Whatever "magic" that is - we just don't have a separate data path into the flicker fixer. Yes, there is one unused IO pin that's even exposed at the back (=top when installed) of the PCB, but it's far from likely that we can fit a serial protocol für an additional OSD line (or two) in the FPGA. Even if we could - the FlashFloppy thing would also have to be updated. With currently-reduced R&D capacity (sick leave) at iComp, I don't see that happening short-term.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.