Chameleon Core update 9o released

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • "hope" in terms of a software fix possibility: Yes, as Tobias can surely implement something like that. However, I need him on Keyrah V3 right now, so it's going to be some time until he can go back to Chameleon development. And even then, it's up to him to prioritize this.

Thanks. So I'm not holding my breath then. 768x576@50Hz works nice enough for now. Doesn't fill the whole screen like the 720x576@50Hz profile but can live with. If a fix for me turns up in the future It would be nice. But not the end of the world if not.

Thanks again.

• Is it possible to change the screenmode using a poke from BASIC?

Chameleon Programmer's manual, start reading on page 14: Query of available VGA modes using registers $D043-$D047, then set mode in $D040. FOr a quick test, you should be fine with only using $D040, but since the mode list may change, the absolute numbers shown in the manual may also shift, so whatever you write should not be published.

Note that you need to change to configuration mode first (see chapter 2 of said manual).

• That's what I thought, but I couldn't get the screenmode to change - I wasn't sure if $d040 was read-only, hence the question.

If I type

POKE 53502,42

followed by

POKE 53499,240

then the VGA debugging overlay appears, as expected.

Then typing

POKE 53312,n

seems to have no effect, no matter the value of n.

The screenmode query registers all return 0, too, whatever value's poked to 53315.

Coniguration mode is clearly still active, since I can show and hide the VGA debugging overlay by poking to 53499 - is there some other step I'm missing? (Maybe the VGA registers only work in Menu mode?)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.