A604n V2 secondary clockport question.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, an I have A604n v2 and and allso Indivision Flickerfixer/Scandoubler on my A600. I have an mp3 module which uses the clockport and originaly it was developed for Amiga 1200, I have contact the German manufactuer of the mp3 module and ask him if I can connect the module to A600, He replied that it is possible only if 600 has a card with clockport. I was wondering if I can connect it to A604n v2 in the clockport removing the secondary upper clockport (which connects to the bracket of the floppy). Can I connect and test the mp3 module in that clockport without causing any issue to A604n or Flickerfixer?

Thanks

The mp3 module

• While it may work on the electrical side, you'll have a hard time installing it at all. It looks like this module needs to be connected directly on the pin header, and if you do that, there's no way you'll be able to insert the A604n in the A600. I don't see any way around adding a pin header on the MP3 module and using a clock port cable. However, extra ground connection will then be required in order to make transfers on the CP interface really safe.

I wonder who the author of this piece of hardware is. I know that Michael Böhmer did a very similar design a few years back, but that's not the initials I see on the board. The VLSI DSPs are really easy to handle, but you also need good software support...

• The author is Henry Muller who is German. I have bought this card from him a few years ago. He has send me also the disk with the software. I was thinking installing the card to the A604n v2 using a clockport riser so it can be slightly above A604n.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.