Agamk3 problems

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Code
    1. Salve, ho gentilmente chiesto i problemi legati all'errato inserimento della scheda sul chip cia, tempo fa ho portato l'amiga 1200 a recappare, 1200 con aca1221lc e agamk3 perfettamente funzionanti, al rientro dell'intervento non ho potuto salvare il video ne cambiare frequenza, pensavo fosse qualche scheda non inserita bene, apro l'amiga e vedo la scheda montata sulla Cia girata verso il basso (90°) l'ho sistemata e apparire suonare, invece funziona ma altre cose, la mia domanda è, si è bruciato qualcosa? si può riparare?
    2. Grazie per l'aiuto
  • Hello, I apologize for the first post, I have an amiga 1200 with Aca1221lc and Agamk3, everything worked fine then I did a recap to the machine and from that moment I could no longer change video resolutions, I opened the machine and saw that the card that goes to Cia was inserted rotated 90 °, I fixed it but I still can't save frequencies or video resolutions, can I do something? or do I have to send it back for repair?
    Greetings

• Which way round was the CIA adapter rotated? I can try and see what lines are connected in which way. I have no idea how this can affect the ability to save settigns (as those lines are completely separate), but there may be a state machine stuck, waiting for a key to be released or so.

Again, it would be good to know the warranty ID of your flicker fixer.

• The warranty ID is on the silver sticker on one of the memory chips.

If the EDID function also suffered, I already have an idea which chip has died. Please send the card back for repair. Please understand that this won't be done under warranty, as it was clearly user error. The prime reason I asked for the warranty ID was that I can take a note in the database that the card is out of warranty. However, I'm sure you can get the money back from the person who has made the mistake (sounded like the service person who did the re-cap installed it wrong).

Please mind the hints for sending parts pack to us.

• Paid repairs are charged at 84,- EUR per hour in labour plus parts, shipping and tax. Since I can't possibly know in advance how long the repair will take, I can't predict the final cost. There's reason to believe that the 74lcx125 on U21 is defective, but the EDID function is handled by a different chip (the CPLD). It remains to be tested if this function is really defective, or the state machine is just stuck in waiting for a key to be released before transferring the next EDID bit.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.