Agnus 8372A

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have a aca500plus/a500 and would love to order a 8372A to get 1mb chip. They seem to be a little hard to get a hold of. Any chance of new stock soon? :)

Br / Jan

• I'm sorry, but the 8372a units are all sold out. What I have left is "similar" Agnus types - also with 1MB Chipram capability, but with a "Vbb" pin instead of a PAL/NTSC pin, so that must remain open (or ideally connected to a capacitor). I don't even remember if these are PAL or NTSC types, but since you have an ACA500plus, that does not play a role (you can select the mode in the menu).

Let me know if you want to give that a try - I could add them to the shop some time next week.

• Thank you Jens, however I managed to get a hold of one, so there is no need anymore.

Thanks for making the aca500plus, I would warm heartedly recommend it to anyone, a great product! 😊

• Today one of the A500s in the shop died - and it turned out to be a defective 8372A Agnus. We had to replace it with a 8375 of the type I talked about last week: Commodore part no 318069-16. The special thing about this chip is that it has the exact same pinout as the 8372A, but instead of a PAL/NTSC selection pin, it has a "Vbb" pin. This should (but doesn't have to be) connected through a capacitor to GND, which was easy to do on a Rev.6 board.

It's harder on a Rev.5 or Rev.3 board, where pin#41 is usually tied to GND - inserting the 318069-16 chip into those sockets would just not work, as the Vbb voltage would be grounded. However, you can make them work if you insulate pin#41. The easiest way to do this would be to push the contact spring of the socket inwards.

Commodore part no. 318069-16 is a PAL Agnus - and it can be set to NTSC in software, because it's an ECS Agnus.

If anyone is interested, I can put them into the shop.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.