ACA1234

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Thanks for all the info. A cool product (I've ordered one :))! It would be great to read a manual in addition to the wiki page.

By the way, the wiki page says: "This accelerator comes with different flavours of the 68030 processor (with/without MMU and different speeds)" - does abscence of the MMU affect performance of the board/system? Does the 50 MHz version come with the MMU?

Looking forward to receiving this cool piece of Amiga tech, thanks a lot!

• By the way, the wiki page says: "This accelerator comes with different flavours of the 68030 processor (with/without MMU and different speeds)" - does abscence of the MMU affect performance of the board/system? Does the 50 MHz version come with the MMU?

All ACA1234 that we're currently offering have an MMU. However, if we find any 68ec030 CPUs in the future, we will of course offer them as well.

• With the CF card slot, would a CF to SD adapter work? I prefer SD cards over Compact Flash due to obvious size difference?

I can't guerantee that it works. I do have one of those adapters and tried it with the ACA500plus where it worked. However, since I can't possibly know how these Asian vendors change their product over time, it would be suicide in terms of product support to say "yes, that works!". The best I can say is: It's worth a try.

Can you share any information about the "over-clocking license" cost and availability?

It's going to be "the difference between the actual versions minus a small bit". Remember that the main cost is development, not parts. I'll add the upgrade codes to the shop later this week.

• I have developed that in order to give the "software-switchability" feature to older accelerators as well. One customer expressed an intention to replace his older ACA card with an ACA1234 just because of soft-switchability. I took that as an imperative to develop that switcher, so soft-switchability if NOT a reason to buy a new ACA1234. Demand is too high already.

Hey :-)

Any idea when this device will be available?

Thanks in advance... :)

• Any idea when this device will be available?

I had to interrupt development of that switcher before Xmas. Still have quite some work ahead of me before I can return to that - last note I took was "investigate why MCU lost it's code".

• Can you share any information about the "over-clocking license" cost and availability?

I finally had the time this week to program all the details of the upgrade process: Keeping track of licenses internally, writing out the codes in an easier-to-copy way with a checksum and dashes (so the ACAtool can tell you ahead of time if there's something wrong), and last not least, finding a way for the shop system to calculate proper VAT for something that isn't shipped (so "use billing address as criterion" instead if "shipping address").

Long story short: Available now.

Please keep in mind that sending out the actual license code is still a manual thing. There is no point in adding automation to that, as the plausibility checks would mean extreme coding effort where I don't see that this will pay off any time soon. So the eMail with the license code will only be sent during normal business hours.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.