ACA 1234 CF Storage

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Will I be able to remove my current IDE CF Card Adaptor and boot from the CF card installed on the ACA 1234? Forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question, but you did somehow manage to switch DF0 status with the ACA500PLUS. Wish I would have known this before I tried installing this dumb DF0 selector which ruined my CIA chip. Thanks!

• Will I be able to remove my current IDE CF Card Adaptor and boot from the CF card installed on the ACA 1234?

You can use both at the same time if you want to. We are working on a method to disable the internal IDE, so cold boot time will be faster.

but you did somehow manage to switch DF0 status with the ACA500PLUS.

The ACA1234 does not change anything on floppy drive(s) - the hardware of the accelerator has been minimized in order not to make the (inevitable) price increase too painful. I figured it's not a good feature to add, as an A1200 equipped with this kind of accelerator is not a machine that you'd use to run games from floppy. Instead, you're more likely to install WHDload, which has lots of advantages over booting from floppy.

• Hi Jens, yes, I have an A500 for the gotek drive. I just mentioned that in case my question was ignorant. I bought this DF0 selector for my A500 to use an external gotek. I ruined the CIA chip when I tried to install the kit. Then I purchased your ACA500PLUS and realized that you provided this feature without any modifications to the board. It’s a great feature!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.