MK4plus don't find my drives ...

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have a MK4plus since the beginning.

She is on a PIV 3.0 Ghz / 2 Go / XP Pro computer.

Everything was working well.

BUT, recently, i was wondering if my Kryoflux USB adapter will work on this PC, and since this time, Imagetool can't find my drives (5,25 and 3,5).

I had deleted and reinstalled the laast drivers version, but the line "Drive" is not workin; I can't select a drive.

Do you have any idea ?

Hope to read you soon,

• I'd try uninstalling the catweasel drivers and whatever the kryoflux installs, and then try to install catweasel drivers again.

It could be a hardware problem too... did you disconnect the drives from the catweasel before, and perhaps when you reconnected them flipped the cable around?

Sorry, cant be of much more help there (i dont have a pc with catweasel mk4 anymore).

• The MK4 (red) / MK4plus (black) have two floppy-connectors, one for pass-through from an on-board floppy controller, and the other for the cable that goes to the drives. If you have swapped these, drives won't be found. I designed it to have two colours, black and white: The white connector is for connection to the on-board floppy controller, and will therefore (in most modern systems) be unused.

The black connector labelled "floppy" is the one that goes to the drives.

• Hi,

thanks for your help and reply.

I haven't touch anything in the computer before it's not working.

The drives are detected on Ubuntu (other HDD on multiboot) and DOS.

This is not a technical problem.

It's seems to be a drivers pb.

But all seems to be well reinstallated.

Any other ideas ? :-(

Thx for your help ...

• You're confusing to the max:

But all seems to be well reinstallated.

If all is well, why are you asking for more ideas?

It's obviously a software issue (Kryoflux doing something bad to keep Catweasel from working), so restore an old backup of a known-good system and see if that works better. Not sure of those older versions of Windows offer "restore points".

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.