CV64 and "homemade" screenmode

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • hello,

is there a way to create personal screenmode without P96 reject them ?

i usually use CGX4 and can set a 1600x900 16bit screen without troubles.

but with P96, i can create the mode, but he don't want to save it after a reboot, and then consider it as not suitable for this card.

could this limitation be removed in future ?

the CV64 is more capable than we can think, 8 bit 1920x1080@50Hz is achievable ^^

thanks

• We did introduce the "OVERCLOCK=Yes" ToolType, but that does not mean that we recommend doing this. These old VGA chips and their memory chips may not be up to the task, possibly overheat, as we're still talking aobut 5V chips, or very early 3.3V chips.

That said, you may have missed that ToolType.

• hello,

no i didn't miss it, but maybe i was a bit unclear.

i can create, test, adjust and validate it. but after the reboot, the screenmode don't appear in the monitor preference.

and when i go in the P96 utility, then i get the message saying the mode is invalid.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.