Pinout of the LED header?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • It's a single header for two possible connections - one for one port and the other for the other IDE port. I know it's not intuitive, but you need to plug the connector one pin shifted, so the unused pin of the cable-connector (if you have one) is "in the air".

This is purely my fault: My A2000 has a 2-pin LED connector, and I only designed the header so that the red wire goes to the inner pin. Depending on the black wire being on the upper or the lower pin, the LED will show activity of one or the other port.

You may be able to connect two LEDs, but I figured that most people will connect a CD drive to the other port, and thse usually have LEDs on their own.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.